Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Internet Access

Retrowave opened this issue on Dec 23, 2019 ยท 268 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 10:28 AM

Penguinisto posted at 4:21PM Tue, 24 December 2019 - #4374294

I don't understand why e-on did that... they really don't have a strong use case these days. I originally bought Vue for exactly two reasons: One, its render engine was WAY superior to what Poser could provide at the time (DS wasn't ready for primetime yet), and two, you could make awesome landscapes with it.

Nowadays, DS has iRay, or Poser and Superfly, wipe out the need for a decent render engine elsewhere, and landscape/atmospherics/HDRI/etc elements can be built and imported, since I assume both can handle massively large scenery these days. So, umm, where exactly does that leave Vue that they can assume a subscription model?

I think Vue still has a big lead on Poser when it comes to landscapes and the lower cost subscriptions includes Plant Factory which is very powerful. The other advantage is Vue can call Poser to handle Poser materials so there is no problem with conversions. I use Poser on an almost daily basis but if I want to put my characters into an outdoor scene Vue is still a big winner.

I think that subscriptions change your attitude mind, if you buy a program and do not use it for a month there is no real problem but if you have a monthly subscription you don't use it you feel you have wasted that months subscription. It may encourage you to use it but if you really do not have the time you can be left feeling annoyed.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.