Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Internet Access

Retrowave opened this issue on Dec 23, 2019 ยท 268 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 11:43 AM

EClark1894 posted at 5:34PM Tue, 24 December 2019 - #4374310

Well, I don't want to blame Bondware for Smith Micro's decision. I won't even blame them for continuing it. That said though, I don't like the subscription price model and there's very little reason for me to continue with it UNLESS Bondware will be making vast improvements in the software by doing so. For justification, we'd have to start checking off bullet points on the wishlists, both past and present to even reach a starting point.

I think one big question would be how the subscription was implemented and what happens to Poser 11.2 when/if the new Poser goes subscription. I don't like the deactivation feature one bit but it was a price I was prepared to pay to get to use Superfly and the improved morph brush. Although I did put it off until it was at a ridiculous sale price. Equally, I do not like the idea of subscription but I guess I could live with it providing there was a trade off (I was going to use a latin phrase there but I thought better of it) but that assumes Poser 11.2 continues to work after the subscription model in introduced.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.