Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has your Poser stopped working? License issues? Can't start Poser? (Repost)

structure opened this issue on Dec 02, 2019 ยท 35 posts

Talisman posted Wed, 25 December 2019 at 3:57 PM

Renderosity holds its SM Poser 11 licensees hostage. I already own a license to use it, i.e. PP11, without any more requirements. Now, Bondware forces me to "upgrade" the software, ostensibly to maintain the 'license structure', but without any legal consideration to do so. However, it is not technically necessary, in the slightest degree, that any licensee do so to maintain full use of their licensed copy; Bondware/Renderosity could very easily have responded to any legitimate licensee server request though their own license server. It's hard-coded into the SM software and all Renderosity/Bondware had to do is redirect those license requests to their own license server.

The Renderosity/Bondware 'patch' has immediately rendered PP11 useless; now, it will function no more, even though it functioned quite well when last I loaded it. I can't go back to my last functioning copy to restore good order.

Renderosity may not hold my license hostage until I do what they demand. I demand a full refund, paid to me in cash, of the fee I paid to SM for full use of the software.