Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Internet Access

Retrowave opened this issue on Dec 23, 2019 ยท 268 posts

Retrowave posted Thu, 26 December 2019 at 3:45 PM

LaurieA posted at 3:27PM Thu, 26 December 2019 - #4374603

Personally I think making Poser subscription would be a bullet to the head for the software.

Yup, totally agree, I reckon it would be the kiss of death for Poser if they did. One other thing I see as a guaranteed kiss of death is if they were ever to remove Poser's custom 3D-rendered interface controls and replace them with DAZ-style generic interface controls. If they ever did that, Poser would no longer be Poser, it would feel stripped and generic, and those who stuck around purely because the Poser interface is better than the DS interface, would abandon it.

Those interface controls were designed by a guy who knows a thing or two about interfaces, whereas DS is so modular and generic, it feels cluttered and frustrating to use. Not hating on DS here either, it's clearly an amazing piece of software, but it completely sucks compared to the custom-rendered graphical beauty of Poser.

It's just something that has me worried every time a new release of Poser is on the horizon, but thankfully, my concerns have been unwarranted on each new release, and forever may it continue that way!