Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: L'Homme — just curious about something

SeanMartin opened this issue on Dec 25, 2019 ยท 26 posts

SeanMartin posted Thu, 26 December 2019 at 5:03 PM

Look, I get it: people want to be paid for their work. That's a given. My complaint is that cutting through it all, the way LF was introduced โ€” and, as a result, unleashing an awful lot of product in the process โ€” is very different from what we're seeing now with LH. Yes, Jenn, right now it's 50% off. It wont be forever, just as LF started out a freebie with a 3.50 purchase of anything else. So if someone wanted to get LH, it's going to be thirty bucks here plus another thirty for the pro base model of LF just so you can load in the morph. IMHO, the market wont accept that, and LH will eventually become just another forgotten male character, and all the work that went into it will be wasted.

Let me re-iterate what I said at the beginning, nice work. Kudos to those who made it happen at all. But there were so many core concept problems that I really dont understand what you folks were thinking. I mean, if indeed it's a morph, why not just release it with the LF geometry but as its own cr2 with morph baked in? Why the insistence on having another thirty-dollar mesh as a requirement? My goto mesh, Kyle, uses the same geometry as Krystal, but you dont need Krystal to work with Kyle: everything is already there in the Kyle cr2 and ready to go. So was there something in the ownership rights to the LF geometry that prevented a similar situation here?

Honestly, I wonder if anyone on the team actually talked to those of us who use male meshes to see what we wanted. Trust me, marketing something that "can wear LF's clothes!" wasnt exactly a major selling point, as far as I was concerned. I understand what you were trying to say, but it comes down to how it would be received by the market you want to buy this in the first place. It's all just slightly bewildering.

Oh, and to respond to the statement about the ninety-dollar pro-version of a DAZ character: DAZ's prices across the board are a lot higher than what we see here โ€” and for no real reason, as far as I can tell. That said, a pro bundle usually includes a lot of stuff. That comparison wont fly here, sorry.

Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong about all this. I'm hoping the vendors will pick up on LH and give the users all manner of inventory to work with. But between the way all this was handled, coupled with the mentality of "well, no one buys male stuff anyway", I"m not even sure now why Rosity went down this road in the first place.

Just my 0.02. No doubt worth every penny.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider