Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Internet Access

Retrowave opened this issue on Dec 23, 2019 ยท 268 posts

Retrowave posted Sun, 29 December 2019 at 5:00 PM

It's very cool but not what I mean. I'm talking about something that interactively and procedurally generates repetitive movement such as walk cycles etc. Think of it more along the lines of the motion generation used in iClone, but taken to the next level such as the example shown at this link:

Click here to see the awesomeness of interactive procedural animation generation

So imagine this; Poser 12 arrives, has a realtime EEVEE viewport, animation-friendly default figures, and a procedural animation generator that can do the sort of stuff shown at that link. Can you imagine how productive and fun such an environment would be, seeing your Poser figure rendered in realtime, running in realtime, right there in the EEVEE-Powered Poser viewport as you adjust the parameters interactively and see it reacting, live?

I'm guessing the result would be something like ... 😍

But the system I have in mind is even better than that, MUCH better, because you can select, say, the head bone and adjust the dynamics and damping of it's motion, so that the head shakes naturally depending on the rest of the walk. You could do really weird stuff like selecting the arm bones and reducing the damping so much that they swing like jelly in direct reaction to the walk, ideal for a tentacle monster perhaps. You could select the spine and slacken it off a bit, to make more of a slouch posture for use on an elderly figure, and the whole thing will react accordingly. The important thing to remember here is that because the animation is procedural and is being calculated in realtime, the dynamics form part of the animation itself, and make everything look far more realistic as a result. When figures walk with the system I have in mind here, they walk with a sense of real weight behind them due to the dynamics playing a direct part in the animation.

And of course, once you have your perfect walk cycle dialed in, you can bake it to the new, improved, animation layering and editing timeline, which in turn allows you to generate complete, detailed blocks of animation without breaking a sweat. The more commercially minded will use this system to generate blocks of animation that can be sold on the Renderosity Marketplace for use in Poser. These blocks of animation can be loaded into the layers of Posers new, improved, animation tools!

The cycles continues ... people get happy ... people get productive ... art is made ... movies are made ... profit is made!