Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Internet Access

Retrowave opened this issue on Dec 23, 2019 ยท 268 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 6:50 AM

Retrowave posted at 7:39AM Mon, 30 December 2019 - #4374959

wolf359 posted at 4:17AM Mon, 30 December 2019 - #4374935

Procedural animation tools for quick generation of body motion must be accompanied by modern nonlinear motion editing tools to further refine the base motion.

Once again I am in 100% agreement. In the request postings I've made regards this stuff, I have always been very careful to include the requirement for the layering and timeline tools to be updated along with it. There is a very predefined prerequisite for the system I'm hoping they implement:

So it comes as a package, cause one potential would not be fully realised without the other, so they need to work hand-in-hand. They could not afford to be half-assed about it if they did it, that's for sure, otherwise the benefits of having it would be hindered.

To be honest, Pumeco, I wouldn't expect Poser to have ALL of that in Poser 12. Sadly, SM neglected some vital features in improving Poser over the past few versions. Even if Bondware WANTED to make Poser completely up to date, it would probably take over two years to accomplish. Remember, Poser's legacy code is over twenty years old. Moving forward will take some time because they don't want to break anything as they do. I seem to recall, DS breaking stuff all the time as they moved forward.. Of course, they didn't require a massive twenty year rewrite when they did.

And then, there's priorities. Honestly, I don't think animation is one of them, but I do think that it will be improved over time. EEVEE?? I'll settle for fixing and enlarging Raytrace preview.