Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

Retrowave posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 1:20 PM

There is a very important feature missing from the Cloth Room, one that really should have been there from the start, that being the ability to control the stiffness and springiness of the fabric by painting vertex weights. I'm amazed we cannot do that already, the feature would work extremely well due to the way Poser's Cloth Room is set up anyway. Another benefit to being able to weight-paint stiffness and springiness, is that it allows you to make excellent, dynamic trans-mapped hair as well. It means you can paint a polygonal hair model, for example, so that the roots are stiffer than the tips, so that when you run the calculation, you have something that behaves like real hair, something that can hold it's shape depending on the stiffness and springiness.

It would also be handy for stuff like period dresses that look large and puffed-up, because the cloth would suddenly have the ability to hold its shape. You'd be able to do much more stuff in the Cloth Room than you can at the moment. I realise we have soft and hard decorated groups, and it's great to have them, but being able to weight paint stiffness and springiness would put it on a whole new level I reckon.