Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Curious - Intel Xeon

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Jan 16, 2020 ยท 56 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Fri, 17 January 2020 at 4:18 AM

Let me just clarify that I'm not shopping around for new parts xD the dollar to real conversion here in Brazil is at a historical height right now so anything that comes from another country is ridiculously overpriced, and on top of that I'm currently unemployed. I created this thread not to ask for parts advice, but to try to understand how the parts I already have deal with render settings :)

@Miss B: yeah 600 LOL! With Progressive Refinement on, the effective number is whatever it is when I stop the render anyway. Most often than not it doesn't seem to reach 1/10th of that when I'm satisfied enough and stop the render.

@ironsoul: my final render size for promos is 1500x1500. Currently using 126 bucket size, which seemed to do the best job so far. I might try 100 after what Miss B said. I have Poser set to using 5 cores, since from my understanding my CPU has 6 of them, and I like to leave one unattended so that I'm able to continue using my computers for other things (photoshop, zbrush, sometimes even playing some Overwatch) while it renders. The queue manager is a no-go for me: trying to guess how many pixel samples I need makes me waste the time of several renders trying around (with each scene), and then queueing a render doesn't let you see how it's going and stop the render and save what it looks like when stopped.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.