Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Curious - Intel Xeon

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Jan 16, 2020 ยท 56 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 17 January 2020 at 11:18 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 5:08PM Fri, 17 January 2020 - #4376933

Penguinisto posted at 12:47PM Fri, 17 January 2020 - #4376924

BTW - did you get a built-in RAID controller onto the motherboard?

I honestly have no idea 😂 my hardware knowledge is only marginally better than a complete newbie's. My husband and I tend to pick our parts and assemble them instead of buying a ready to use system, but it's usually a matter of researching at the time of purchase, so I don't really keep up with everything that's available.

Although I had my computer built you selected a base system and then there were a lot of choices over the configuration, such as case, motherboard, CPU, Graphics Card, memory, hard drives and so on. I had a number of choices like two or three case styles, may be three different motherboards and a choice from around thirty graphics card. The limited options were great in that I had a short list of components to research and, of course, all of the parts would work together, no chance of choosing a computer case and then finding the graphics card you had purchased would no fit inside the case. I got a good price on the CPU and graphics card as both had just been replaced by new models, so to a degree my computer was already out of date the day they built it. I spent a few years in the industry and it is so difficult to keep up with all the changes, now retired I find it impossible. I have a machine that works for me and no real money for any thing new so I just don't look.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.