Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Curious - Intel Xeon

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Jan 16, 2020 ยท 56 posts

Dale B posted Tue, 21 January 2020 at 4:49 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 4:43AM Tue, 21 January 2020 - #4377263

Dale B posted at 4:40PM Mon, 20 January 2020 - #4377262

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:19PM Mon, 20 January 2020 - #4377247

Yeah, on it already - that friend is helping me try to pick one among the ones available. Also checking if I'd better take an older mobo to keep my DDR3 memory chips or if I should invest in taking a while longer to go for DDR4 chips instead. And other technicalities like that :)

Heh. You should get seachnasaigh to show you pictures of his **whole **lash up. Galadriel is just one box of many if I remember correctly. Gave StallionTek a bit of business. Had all those conversations from the Vue board marked, until the links went sour with an update.

Well dang - that picture with all the processors lined up already got me baffled. I think if I see the entire set I might need to clean up a puddle of drool here. 😂

At least one puddle. His rig was intended for Vue rendering, which can make the harshest Superfly rendering seem....tame. With a rendergarden you can distribute the buckets across the network, and crank the settings up to insane levels. I suspect there was some of the Potato Chip Effect at work as well. No one can eat just one, after all....