Forum: Community Center

Subject: attn: admin -- time outs when posting

cal401 opened this issue on Oct 20, 2001 ยท 7 posts

cal401 posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 6:19 PM

Well, 30 minutes isn't a lot of time to compose a thoughtful reply, particularly if one pauses to try a few things out. And once one has invested considerable time into a post, it is VERY disconcerting to have it disappear into the ether, but you obviously don't care about that. What's worse, you have to loose a message or two before you figure out what the time-out period is. I can't even hit "back" on the browser and get back to the text; it's gone. (Probably because your CGI script is more interested in refreshing the banner adds than anything else.) The data in the form goes somewhere; what do you do, just throw it away? Thanks. If you are trying to promote two line posts in broken English, full of misspellings and discourage substance, then you are right on track. Here's a suggestion for you: try reading your replies before you hit send. Your reply to me translates into, "Your suggestion has been quickly evaluated and discarded as unworthy of further consideration. Have a nice day." I'm confident that it will never get passed on and thus never fixed. Cal