Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: changing joint order and adjusting joint zones

cal401 opened this issue on Oct 20, 2001 ยท 12 posts

bloodsong posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 7:15 PM

heyas; cal, you have to go into the cr2 and change the order and appellations of the joint parameter entries of the body part. if you made y the first rotation order, then it is going to have that twist bar, because the first rotation IS twist. you can try to change it in the cr2 to be an X again by changing the name from twisty to rotatey... but this might cause unknown problems. (actually, the other day, i was speculating about putting more than one twist bar in the cr2, but you probably don't want to try that ;) ) you should use a cr2 editor and look at the limb you want to change, and one that looks the way you want it to look. the joint/joint/twist are the jps, and then the rotate/rotate/ (i forget, and i cant run my cr2 editor now)whatever right after that are the rotation dials. they have to match the order in which they go. so if you swap jointx and twisty, you have to change the names, swap the channels, and then swap the dial channels. did you try bending the shoulder down before moving front/back to 90 degrees? also try setting it to 89 degrees, this might avoid the gimbal lock. actually, it looks as if you need to move the collar forward first, then the shoulder, which will make it even less than 89 degrees. i think you're making things harder on yourself trying to mess with the rotation order, when perhaps posing it a bit differently, or in a different sequence will make it come out the way you want. but hey, knock yourself out :)