Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Regular Poser?

aeilkema opened this issue on Jan 28, 2020 ยท 85 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 6:50 AM

I use only Poser and I love it but if anyone was starting out I would still recommend starting out with DS, apart from anything else until you really get into start to dig into 3D art it is hard to decide if it something you are going to enjoy. Even if you decide it is something you want to look into a bit deeper it will be a while for most users before they can decide just where they are going. I used Daz for a year or more before I decided that Poser was worth the extra outlay and that was Poser 4. For a while I used both softwares but I found there was so much to learn in either I felt I could go further if I concentrated on one program. Having made my choice I stayed with Poser upgrading Poser whenever the was a new version available.

Much as I like Poser it seems a waste of money if it is not going to be used and only the individual user can decide if any software is worth the outlay. All Daz is doing in the initial stages is offering an unlimited 'try before you buy' facility, let's face it, if you are then going to take 3D art seriously it is going to cost a good deal of money. The only exception maybe those to whom the ability to model is a second nature and I suspect such individuals are quite rare.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.