Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Quick Step-By-Step for Genesis 3 in Poser 11

philebus opened this issue on Jan 31, 2020 · 19 posts

philebus posted Fri, 31 January 2020 at 9:40 AM

Conversion (part 2)

Start Poser and in the Studio Content Runtime, find the Poser Companion File and load into the scene but don’t do anything with it yet. While this figure will poser correctly, it’s expressions won’t work at all.

12.jpg

Now save it back to the folder you want it (Genesis 3 Female>Figures) as a CR2, then clear the scene.

1. Run the Genesis 3 Poser Updater, click Open and navigate to this new save, then click Update. The message will say ‘processing’ for a few moments before changing to ‘saved’. You should now be able to load the saved figure with all it’s expressions working properly.

13.jpg

You will find all of the morph dials, including expressions, in the Body part of the figure. Full body morphs are under the Actor group, with other shaping morphs under groups for individual body parts. Posing and Expressions are under the Pose Control group.

14.jpg

The DAZ character shapes that you can buy, such as Darius 7, Lee 7, etc, all have their own UV mapping, so you will need to do this process for each of the characters. You will also need to do the work of building the material settings – my own are rather crude but that’s because I don’t render for photorealism – however, you should remember to add any normal maps (these are the blue coloured ones) as they add a lot of the finer detail that would otherwise require high defination morphs.

15.jpg

Also, when you save the figure to Poser’s library as part of the conversion, you will ‘bake’ in the morphs you have, so you will need to repeat the process to include new morph purchases.

Another consideration is that as you get large library of morphs, you may find the figure becoming less responsive when posing – you can get around this problem by creating ‘lite’ versions of the figure, each retaining only the morphs for a particular character. I’ll put together anohter tutorial on doing that another time.

Compatibility

While almost all products in the Genesis and Genesis 2 product lines were compatible with Poser (there are some exceptions), there is a much greater number of products in the Genesis 3 line that just wont work at all. In fairness, this product line was never promoted or sold as compatible with Poser, so to a large extent, we have to risk our money on trial and error.

The majority of clothing products will work, while on the other hand, the majority of hair products don’t. I have a thread in the Poser forums at DAZ where I’m starting to post the results of my own conversions which should help take some of the risk out of purchasing. I’ve a lot more products to post about but not a lot of time lately but I will get around to expanding it soon.