Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Curious - Intel Xeon

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Jan 16, 2020 ยท 56 posts

seachnasaigh posted Fri, 31 January 2020 at 10:19 AM

Once enough parts have been scrounged to assemble an extra working computer, Ohki could use either it or the pre-existing computer as a render slave ("remote", in Poser Queue Manager terms). That would enable you to offload a batch of promo renders or animation frames to the remote(s). You might also install Queue on your spouse's computer and the kids' computer. There is no limit on how many remotes onto which you may install Queue.

Here's a simplified diagram; where I have an unmanaged network "switch", that is often incorporated into a single box along with the modem, and called a "router".

network diagram.png

On each remote, run the P11Pro installer, but at this window, change from the default (which installs Poser) to install only Queue Manager.

Queue only - from main PPro installer 27298.png

The first time you use the remote(s), your security software will challenge you for firewall permission. Give Queue Manager and FFRender64 firewall permissions!

I also have Vue's render engine and Lux installed on my remotes. Both of these render engines will distribute a single tough render across your network. Currently, Poser's Queue can only send the entire render to one remote, but cannot distribute buckets/samples across all of the machines in the network. My top Poser enhancement wishlist item is the ability for Queue to distribute buckets/samples across a network, so that all of your machines can cooperate on a single high quality wallpaper render.

Network rendering using the Poser/Reality/Lux workflow:

Reality-Lux network render.jpg

Network rendering from Vue Infinite:

480 cores rendering Vue 10Dec'17.PNG

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5