Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Apple future Mac OS compatibility

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Aug 02, 2019 ยท 55 posts

EClark1894 posted Tue, 04 February 2020 at 6:33 PM

Retrowave posted at 7:21PM Tue, 04 February 2020 - #4379071

@Ohki - We might not be on the best of talking terms right now, but thanks for the lol by correcting Clarkie as to where graphic design originated - LMFAO!!!

Regards Brian Froud, funny enough, he's exactly the guy who is popular with Faerie fanatics over here. He's released quite a lot of work on that subject, including some very well respected art books. Unfortunately, a lot of his work is not visible on the web, I think his publishers actively monitor the web to protect the sales of his books. There are many of his drawings that have a very similar style to the faces in your work, and while I cannot find them, here's a few that might show you what I mean.

Personally, it's his fantasy work on the original 1980s movie The Dark Crystal that brought him to my attention way back when I were a kid, and the artwork in the book for that thing is absolutely amazing, very intricate, but again, other that the same images on the web, the only way to see the others is to pick up his books, or maybe take a look when you visit a library. It really is stunning stuff when you see his work in print.

Anyway, here's some of that pointy-face stuff, but sadly not what I wanted to show you ...

@Clarkie - Sounds as if someone bit too hard into that Apple 😁

I don't think so. Before I saw and used my first Mac I hated computers. I had to take a programming course in college.. Can't remember whether it was Fortran or Cobol. Never did learn any of it.

Also, I knew Graphic Design as an industry didn't originate on the Computer. Mac or otherwise. I was talking more about the software. I remember using Photoshop, QuarkXPress, and Pagemaker on the Mac, just to name a few.