Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Blast from the past - Poser 1

LeeMoon opened this issue on Jan 26, 2020 ยท 19 posts

ratscloset posted Sun, 09 February 2020 at 9:49 AM

1996... I was laid up from surgery following an accident and a friend owned an ad agency. He had just landed a big account with a local dealership and the client wanted some TV Ads. He bought Poser and several other applications to try to create Storyboards for his presentation. With just two weeks before the full presentation he was struggling to get the look he wanted so he brought over Poser along with all the software and his files so far. We worked for about a week straight every day and evening, ended up using Poser to create the Storyboard images, bought me a new Inkjet Printer to try printing out these images we created... that failed (no decent quality prints) So we created a slide show... He presented two days later... they accepted and he hired a local production firm to do the commercial shoot. I was hooked and I started doing ad work for him as a freelance. Even got a few gigs from the Production Company to create Storyboards for other clients. Found a better printer (had to use special paper) and the rest is history....

No payment for that first job but I got to keep using Poser and all the software along with the Printer we did not use. One of the early HP Color Jet... so that first job ended up having better value than most of the jobs I took over the next 10 years! Oddly, I never used the ColorJet much and other than Rhino, I can not recall the other applications... Might be when I got my first copy of Paint Shop Pro.

ratscloset
aka John