Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How many external Runtimes do you use?

FVerbaas opened this issue on Feb 18, 2020 ยท 56 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 11:26 AM Online Now!

Penguinisto posted at 5:20PM Wed, 19 February 2020 - #4381027

B-1/2.

I split my runtime directories between major figures (V4, A3, Laura, NearMe, Vicky 3), I have one for all third-party figures that don't really have enough to justify a full dedicated Runtime (e.g. Kururu, AnimeDoll, etc), and then I have one old runtime that was my original one, from 2001 or so. That ancient critter holds Posette/Dork, Vicky 1/2, Dina, etc.) My smallest runtime (for NearMe), weighs in at 2.7GB, and my biggest Poser-specific runtime is for V4, at 83GB.

Finally, I have a positively titanic-sized DS Content directory (I used to have two - one for DS 3.x and one for DS 4.x, but I merged those a long time ago when I realized I didn't need two.) Since DS allows for a more freeform means of organization (only Geometry (or "data") and Texture files really have to be in a specific hierarchical place), I realized that I only need one directory to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them. It weighs in at almost 400GB.

My runtimes are along the same lines with one for V4, M4, Dawn and Dusk but then I have split out the poses for each so I have a V4 and V4 poses and the same for the other figures. Same breakdown for props but broken down for type so there are props for Cities, Buildings and Rooms. I have a lot of sci fi content so there is a runtime for Space, Sci Fi and Space Craft. Effectively if any runtime becomes too large it is subdivided into different runtimes which is why my total runtimes are over fifty.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.