Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Exporting L'Homme to ZBrush help

RAMWorks opened this issue on Feb 18, 2020 ยท 35 posts

caisson posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 4:39 PM

'Bake results' is one of the options in the dialog that opens when you use the Figure menu command 'Export Figure Mesh to GoZ'. It means that the morph will affect the mesh at lower resolution levels. The key here is the Preview slider for the subdivision levels in the Properties tab for the figure. If this is set to 1 it means you will send the mesh to Zbrush with one level of subD. If you want to create a morph at higher resolution, set a higher subD level on the Preview slider then use the GoZ bridge. If you want to morph the base mesh only, set the slider to 0. Every level of subD quadruples the polygon count so be careful ;)

The 'delete unused vertices' dialog in Zbrush is what I get if I try exporting a figure from Poser to obj and then importing to Zbrush. Because of the way Poser handles skinning it creates extra vertices at body parts. I always use the GoZ bridge from the Figure menu to avoid this.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.