Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hair Room Feedback

EClark1894 opened this issue on Feb 18, 2020 ยท 49 posts

EClark1894 posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 6:50 AM

So, it snowed here last night. I didn't get snowed in, it's just a dusting, but it's too damn cold to go outside. Anyway, gives me a chance to go further into detail about changes I'd like to see in the Hair Room. One of those would be to eliminate confusion. So, I'd get rid of the Poser Legacy Dynamic Hair Controls. Why? Well, after reading the Reference manual again, I see that the Bullet Physics pallete is actually supposed to be an improvement over the Poser Legacy controls.

image.png image.png

For the most part, the Bullet Physics Controls, Simply combines several dials, or leaves them out all together. Such as the Tip Stiffness dial. It combines the Air Damping and Spring Damping dials into one dial simply called "Damping". It also adds a dial for Collision margin adjustment, so you can set the distance the hair comes to another prop or figure in a scene. The Friction dial determines the amount of "drag" hair has when it collides with another choreographed object in the scene. The final dial has me at a loss. "Mass" , according to the manual, will not have an effect using the Bullet Physics for hair. But it's not on the Poser Legacy control at all. So, if it has no effect, and it's not replacing something, why the hell is it there?

I'm also at a loss to explain the Gravity dial. In the manual, Bullet Physics seems to be set about 10 times higher, but there's no explanation for why. So far, I have seen a difference in the way it acts.