Forum: Community Center

Subject: Pop Add from Infolinks

shonsu opened this issue on Feb 22, 2020 ยท 32 posts

SamTherapy posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:20 PM

FlagonsWorkshop posted at 5:58PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381699

I think they figured that out for at least the people that responded on the two threads, what percentage that is to the number that use the boards is I have no idea. I think the bigger issue is we were all putting up with the previous ads they were using, I didn't like them but it never drove me to use an ad blocker. This did. And the danger of a two week test is how many others it drives to the same decisions because once those things are installed, they knock out all third party ads, not just the info links ones. So if and when they revert back they are going to be facing diminished viewing. Since the Info link ads are not appearing on the Marketplace, my assumption is they are trying to pay for the costs of hosing the forums and galleries, which is legitimate. Info-links is too intrusive though to be a good solution.

I started using an ad blocker the moment third party ads started appearing here. I've used one on other sites for a long time but once all the garbage started showing up here, on it went.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery