Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Interactive Superfly?

Retrowave opened this issue on Mar 05, 2020 ยท 25 posts

Retrowave posted Thu, 05 March 2020 at 3:03 PM

I have Poser 10 so I'm in luck then 😁

Man, funny how things work out. I've just been looking at other products by the same vendor and it's obvious he's used PBR-Emulator on his renders for those products, and honestly, I could not imagine a better look for using on web comics, graphic novels or whatever. What I like about it is that it looks good but still has that ability to look arty without looking like a photograph. It doesn't look like a photograph or even feel as if it's trying to. And that's what bothers me about dedicated PBR renders, cause whatever you do in them looks as if you wanted it to look like a photograph even when you didn't. PBR-Emulator, however, demonstrates EXACTLY what I was trying to get at early on in the thread, because it allows us to retain control over artistic licence of the overall aesthetic.

I absolutely LOVE it, I mean look at these renders done with it; absolutely perfect for web comics and graphic novels since it looks colourful and artistic without looking like an attempt at photorealism that failed. You cannot do that with a dedicated PBR renderer that is 100% bent on accurate rendering physics, and for that reason, I hope Bondware continue to develop and improve Firefly with more features and accellerated performance wherever possible. Control over the overall aesthetic is something Firefly does incredibly well thanks to its deep rendering abilities and sophisticated node system, and this aesthetic right here is just one example of that!

product_image_full_357086_85b1cdbf01ddb52c0ebd57b806f0f17a.jpg

product_image_full_320797_a67e3301aff5d02ab694f5a13250dc30.jpg