Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Unzip Poser packages into any directory

adp001 opened this issue on Mar 08, 2020 ยท 50 posts

adp001 posted Wed, 11 March 2020 at 6:24 PM

FVerbaas posted at 12:12AM Thu, 12 March 2020 - #4383241

The script works fine for me on Win10 / Poser 11.3 when the zip is on my own system. I tried to load form my store files in Rendo but that did not work because apparently the zip was not downloaded to the location the script assumes. (or was that not intended?)

The download is very simple in this version. Just on call to the library "urllib.urlretrieve(...)". This call should return a filename (path included) where the downloaded file is located. If that is not the case, the script simply aborts. I think the download does not happen because of https. No problem to do, but needs more work on this.

I do see the advantage: you can load the content via drag and drop from Explorer, the Runtime needs not be in active in the library.
What is not clear to me though is where the script filters between refenced files that are in the .zp and therefore will be copied to the dstination folder, and referenced files the content needs but that are not in the .zip and for which the referenced address must be kept as they are.

Good point. For me all files should be extracted, but I see other may have other needs.

Can be resolved if first all filenames in the package are collected. Then only those filenames are replaced.