Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: March 30 for 11.3

ghostship2 opened this issue on Mar 18, 2020 ยท 30 posts

EClark1894 posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 2:28 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 3:10PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384005

EClark1894 posted at 1:08PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4383993

I hope Bondware will put out tech specs for at least a minimal machine to run Poser 11.3. I do need to get a new PC, but I'm not that tech savvy with GPUs or Windows PCs. I need some guidance to know what to buy, but I don't have a lot of money.

It's so weird that people think that this update changes some requirements for Poser, it doesn't. It's just adding support for Touring so RTX cards can work in SuperFly.

It's so weird that people don't think I know what I'm talking about. My current machine is a PC laptop. It doesn't have a GPU. I use my CPU. At the same time I also use this laptop for modeling in Blender. However, I can't use Blender 2.8 as my machine is too old. I also moved to this laptop from my Mac. Not because I didn't like my Mac, but it was also too old to run Poser 11.

I need to get another computer, but when I do, it has to be able to run Poser 12, at least. So I need to know the technical specs for any machine I buy to make sure it is powerful enough to run both programs. Yes, I could just throw enough money at it and buy the best machine out there, but as I mentioned, I'm on a budget, so any machine I buy is going to be a used or refurbished one. So far, all I know is that I need to avoid an Integrated graphics chip, and to try and buy one with a GPU card.

But so far, reading these blurbs describing them is trying to decipher code, which for me it is. Like this one:

DELL Desktop Computer OptiPlex 9010 Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3770 (3.40 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 250 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 4000 Windows 10 Pro Multi-Language, English / Spanish

So far, all I know is that it's a Dell Desktop with 250 Gigs of drive space and using Windows 10. 4 gigs of RAM???