Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: March 30 for 11.3

ghostship2 opened this issue on Mar 18, 2020 ยท 30 posts

Miss B posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:07 PM

EClark1894 posted at 4:57PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384009

It's so weird that people don't think I know what I'm talking about. My current machine is a PC laptop. It doesn't have a GPU. I use my CPU. At the same time I also use this laptop for modeling in Blender. However, I can't use Blender 2.8 as my machine is too old. I also moved to this laptop from my Mac. Not because I didn't like my Mac, but it was also too old to run Poser 11.

I know what you're going through Earl, as my now semi-retired HP Laptop didn't have a GPU either, so I'd been rendering with SuperFly and a CPU for 8 years.

As far as Blender 2.8, I couldn't use it either, and that's because the OpenGL wasn't high enough. I don't recall off-hand what the requirement was, but my old laptop's OpenGl was only 3.1, and I "think" Blender 2.8 requires 3.5 or so. My new laptop's OpenGl is over 4.0 so I'm good to go, though I haven't installed and tried it out as yet.

Now that my new laptop does have a GPU, it's a new model GPU, so with this new update, I'll finally be able to use it. I missed not having a GPU with the old laptop, but I missed it even more the past 4 months because it was "too" new. This new update of Poser will finally allow me to get back to GPU rendering.

Oh, and I'm not going to list the specs on this new laptop, because it'll probably just confuse you even more.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz