Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: March 30 for 11.3

ghostship2 opened this issue on Mar 18, 2020 ยท 30 posts

Miss B posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:24 PM

KarinaKiev posted at 5:08PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384012

This may be a completely new, never-before asked question: [poser.Scene.IronyOff()] ;)

BUT :

Will the upcoming Poser update FINALLY remember the last state of the hierarchy window: which elements were collapsed and which were expanded?**

WILL IT FINALLY HAVE IT after the problem was consistently ignored by SM for YEARS???

I'm really, really, really! FED UP TO THE BRIM with having to manually collapse every single element in the hierarchy just to get a hierarchy list that isn't ten metres long, and with which I can work with?

I mean, it already works with groups in the parameters pallette, where the collapsed state of each group is saved with the document/figure/prop/whatever.

SO what's SO difficult to add a new parameter to every element in a file: "hierarchyCollapsed 1"???

Honestly, this is just beyond me!

K

Can I give you a hug sir? I don't know if you saw my "request" for this on the SM Poser Forum, and probably somewhere on this forum as well, because this is the one thing I've requested for the Hierarchy Editor/Chart numerous times. I spent many years between Poser 5 and Poser 9 using DAZ|Studio, and got so used to having this option. There's a simple little clickable item near the top of the Scene palette to do this, and I absolutely HATE having to do this every time I start a new scene. I do a lot of beta testing, and it's an absurd waste of my time to collapse every character, item(s) of clothing, and/or props in order to work in one area of the Hierarchy at a time! I don't care if it's "remembered" each time a saved scene is reopened, though that certainly would be nice too, but having a button to collapse it in one swift click, would be awesome.

Let's hope they hear us this time, and do something about it!!

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz