Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

unrealblue posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 7:33 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:24AM Wed, 01 April 2020 - #4384748

thoennes posted at 7:53AM Sun, 29 March 2020 - #4384737

samsiahaija posted at 4:39PM Sun, 29 March 2020 - #4378609

I haven't read through this entire thread, but real time hair and cloth simulation without creating an animation first would be nice. Maya has had this for over a decade. The way it is now, dynamic clothes and hair are too impractical and time consuming.

What about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3W1cl3BYwc

Maya may be $1000 but Blender is about $1000 less expensive :)

Blender has other corporations and companies that donate money to it. Yes, it's open source, but technically speaking, it is not free. Those companies gain two things from that, a tax write off, and overall lower development costs. Blender is run by the Blender Organization. Look it up.

Well aware I am of the Blender Foundation and its funding :D

An important thing they get for their money is a degree of preference on their priorities. It seems a nice setup, though. It's kind of like the major contributors compete with what they can do with the tools, rather than with tools.

I wasn't making a point to it's source availability. Nor its funding model. The cost to me, and all users is free. It they wish to support the development, they can. They don't have to.

Anyway, my point was the feature being discussed. Dynamic cloth. Specifically, the very cool new cloth sculpt feature. At least, I think it's cool.

Perhaps Poser can leverage that, the way they leverage Cycles? o.O

I'm enjoying using Blender (free) to make free things for Poser (not free but I like it anyway :)