Forum: Community Center

Subject: A suggestion to the vendors

SeanMartin opened this issue on Apr 01, 2020 ยท 10 posts

PandaB5 posted Wed, 01 April 2020 at 1:19 PM

I would not be able to talk myself into knowingly releasing 1 product that is inferior to another. I would fiddle with it until I felt they were both of the same quality...

There's more than texturing - the objects I make often work in Poser but distort in Daz Studio. In order to support Daz Studio I have to remove features from the products or put them together like a puzzle instead of doing a boolean operation - which will take 10x longer. (When you push one object into another and tell the software to subtract the one object and leave a hole - that sequence in the software I use doesn't play nicely with Daz Studio.)

It's learning all of how Superfly materials work and then having to learn how all of Iray materials work.

It's learning all the new features of Daz Studio as well as Poser, instead of just one.

It's setting up every scene twice - because Poser / Daz can't read each other's scenes - that's not a few minutes export time - that's hours / days of work.

It's rendering 6 - 10 images in Superfly and then having to render 6 - 10 images in Iray as well (Iray on my machine takes 3 - 5 hours per render because what I make has a lot of glass / reflections / metal in it - that's an extra week just to make the store listing).

And then selling 3 props more...

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/