Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do I hook up transparency for eyebrows

RAMWorks opened this issue on May 03, 2020 ยท 10 posts

RAMWorks posted Mon, 04 May 2020 at 9:20 AM

I do have another question.

This is about the skin bumpiness I'm experiencing when doing test renders. No that I'm stopping the render sooner than I should, I'm talking more about bump strength or something related to it. Oh and I'm setting up for Superfly.

I'm using a blended mixture of 3Dream's merchant resource for La'Femme/L'Homme I bought and added in allot of my own bits and pieces to better reflect my original Gino I made for Genesis 8 Male.

So when I'm doing a render the skin looks sort of strange in that it's too bumpy. I know that 3Dream leaves allot of skin reflections on their maps so I know that's playing into it, esp when I created the bump maps but, for example, the top of the nose looks like it's got craters of rocks on top of it. I did try turning down the strength of the bump but still not quite to my liking nor realistic looking to me.

I'm so lost with Poser nodes compared to DAZ Studio's surface settings (which can be daunting as well, TRUST ME on that) but even upon removing most of the setup and getting back to basics it's still a bit much or just looks TOO flat. It's a curious mess for me! LOL

Any suggestions to try to even out things but retain realism?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE