Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Quickie Survey: What's Your Goto Figure in Poser?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Mar 09, 2020 ยท 125 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 04 May 2020 at 3:14 PM

KarinaKiev posted at 1:00PM Mon, 04 May 2020 - #4388147

That's the DAZ hamster wheel, spinning since Genesis was introduced. I don't need that in Poser too!

I can grok that... I held off on that series (and stuck with Vicky 4) until just around the time that G3 came out, specifically because it seemed like a new iteration shot out the door every other week, and I refused to commit to anything until then.

G8 is now, what, 3 years old? G3 came out 3 years prior to that (this one's a guess)? I bet a G9 might show up sometime next year or so (though I'd fail to see the appeal of doing so, minus any eyegasmic feature to accompany it that is.)

From time to time, certain people drop by here, boasting about "industry standards" (though the figures they advertise are anything, but certainly NOT an industry standard. But "it sounds soo good"...)

No such thing... yet. You get close to it, though, here:

Well, IMO, V4 IS an industry standard (at least for our hobbyist niche).

Show me any other 3D figure with similar longevity, and similar versatility!

Posette (Poser default female figure: 1998 - 2005). Not as new-shiny as the Victoria 1/2/3 series, but it remained quite popular up until around the time Vicky 4 came out. After all, most of the really ground-breaking stuff happened on little Posette: Conforming Clothing, ERC, Transmapping, morphing (some would say), etc.

But, all things are relative, yes?

For all those who just want to set up a nice scene and finish their work with a nice render, all they need is SASHA. let the die-hard-tinkerers continue to play with the new figures. To each it's own!

Question: From a stark newbie's POV, would this statement still hold true? Or, would said newbie be directed to go download a mass of stuff, install it just so, go chase down deprecated (and often now-missing) bits and bobs, etc? Not an argument, but rather an invitation to examine.

But for ME (as in "me, myself and I") I won't use neither Pauline, PE, nor LaFemme for (reasons see last posts!)

Well, that and PE don't work so hot in DS.

MY opinion, so attack me if you disagree, and not the posts I referred to!

Sounds kinky... please, continue... 😈