Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Quickie Survey: What's Your Goto Figure in Poser?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Mar 09, 2020 ยท 125 posts

wolf359 posted Tue, 05 May 2020 at 4:03 AM

If that were true, then hows come I can still use V4, A3, V2(!), M2, etc etc etc etc etc etc... and all their stuff.... in latest-greatest versions of Poser or DS?

Did you mean that DAZ no longer distributes Vicky 4 (like 14-15 years after it was first released), therefore "planned obsolescence"? Oh, wait - I just looked - you can still buy Victoria 4.2 as part of a massive starter kit in their store... like nearly 15 years after >Vicky 4 first hit > the virtual shelves.

The ability to load a 13 year old legacy CR2 base figure into the latest version of Daz studio, and having it supported by the PA store content and programs features & addons are two entirely different things and you know it. C'mon man ..stop that!!!?

If You *lack any content creation skills, what do you actually do with a Vicky 2 figure in Daz studio 4.12???

With those vestigial figures, You wont have access to HD moprhs JCMs, the latest lipsynch options,

Skin builder

Fit control

Expression enhancer

The spline based dynamic hair system

Adjust rigging to shape with extreme body morphs

None of the High quality 4K Iray skin materials

None of the ready made hybrid Dforce clothing or Hair

The three click transfer utility for cloth rigging.

The new photos to faces feature or the third party Face Gen artis pro that does the same thing.

None of the convenient pose control dials for hand/fingers and facial expressions. etc etc etc.

There is a reason that Daz will not allow distribution of older versions of their Free Daz studio software.?

They want you using the Latest version of Genesis and re-purchasing the "new" content and addons to keep that hamster wheel spinning.?

Again ,not a crime in a captialist economy ( see Apple ,Microsoft et al)

But IMHO ,one cannot keep blasting Smith Micro for letting poser stagnate for years while insisting on still desparately clinging to 15 year Old "golden age" content that is not even compatible with the new features that would enable the software to compete with Daz studio or Iclone.?

My website

YouTube Channel