Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need a basic light set up for rendering with my GPU

RAMWorks opened this issue on May 06, 2020 ยท 97 posts

RAMWorks posted Thu, 07 May 2020 at 8:59 AM

AmethystPendant posted at 6:54AM Thu, 07 May 2020 - #4388411

I agree Ghostships lights are good. As for hair, a lot depends on the material, most hair has way too much specular on top of having highlights burnt in. BagginsBill, Ghostship and myself have all made attempts at more realistic hair materials for superfly and I created addons for EZSkin3 to make applying them easier (all 3 result in higher render times as a trade off for better quality)

My deal is I like realism, not totally because I come from a comic's background when I was younger and developing comic characters but it's just strange that the skin comes out looking fine but the hair does not. The hair in my screen grab above is one of SAV's hairs. I find that her settings do tend to be a bit over the top (node wise) and are greatly blown out, like the person is standing in a very highly lit place or in the glaring sun. I wanted something that was simple but with fine highlights running along the hair shafts. I've been able to achieve this in DAZ Studio under 3Delight and IRay but so far nothing even close here in Poser.

So if you have links I'm willing to buy or download and try the hair set up shaders to see if I can get her hair products looking more to my liking. Since there are so few hairs that look good and natural on L'Homme right now her collection seems the best for my needs.

Thanks so much everyone for all the advice!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE