Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

NikKelly posted Sun, 17 May 2020 at 1:33 PM

Material room UI woes...

This is sorta cross-posted from 'New Users'...

IMHO, the material room list ergonomics 'fall over' if there's more than one page of materials, as you must spend ages scrolling with those teeny-tiny up/down arrows. Does not seem to recognise mouse / track-ball scroll wheels...

Gets silly with 40 ~~75+ materials. One FBX model had 90-some !! Then, for each material, list auto-closes, re-opens on first page. At least, when you scroll down, list still highlights where you were...

And such tiny font ? 'Micro-Western' is hard enough to read but, when you meet a swathe of glyphs, you'll struggle. I've resorted to having any bundled OBJ's MTL open to 'compare & contrast'. Okay, they're often not in exactly same order, Poser listing #10 before #1, but that's a minor exasperation..

Now the cross-posted hair-tearing that prompted my rant: I'm sorry, this seems so silly, but I'm stumped...

Wrangling an Anime FBX import, I accidentally added a transparency map to a material that does not have one.

How do I delete map and revert to 'blank' default ??

I've tried the 'usual suspects' of no/shift/ctrl left-click/right-click etc etc, peeked in 'Advanced', almost deleted entire model several ways, but never the map...

Same seems to apply to materials' other maps. If in Poser manual, neither index nor search can find fix...