Forum: Community Center

Subject: Poser as a continuing investment for content creation

Inception8 opened this issue on Mar 02, 2020 ยท 25 posts

CHK2033 posted Sat, 20 June 2020 at 1:17 PM

perpetualrevision posted at 1:02PM Sat, 20 June 2020 - #4392575

CHK2033 posted at 10:11AM Sat, 20 June 2020 - #4392360

**Something else I've never understood is why so many static prop sets are sold as "DAZ Studio only," given that there's nothing about OBJs and textures **

I dont think they will accept it saying Poser as well (the store, the testers) if it isn't properly setup for Poser as well (file structures/ the textures....)

I guess what I mean is: I don't understand why the vendor who created the props wouldn't just set up a Poser version as well, with the caveat that the materials aren't going to look the same as they do in DAZ Studio. If a prop relies mainly on image maps for its color and texture, and not on app-specific nodes (or whatever voodoo makes Iray work), then it's really no trouble to set it up for Poser, even using an old version. UNLESS the prop relies on instancing, dforce, or rigging, that is.

I will happily take freebie props for DAZ Studio and convert them to Poser myself, as it takes only a handful of minutes. But I will not purchase DAZ-only content for conversion just on principle!.

Yes I understand, and I would do the exact same thing as well, but the problem with that is, we know how to do those things, as simple as they may seem, but not everyone's else does. We have all levels here some have a hard enough time just installing the items into poser, or finding where the items is they just installed.

So myself, no offense to any older experienced users of Poser but, I do not pack up things with them in mind, I approach it assuming that the person knows nothing at all about Poser or Studio,and try not to do something where it leaves them trying to figure out how to get it to work inside of the program I claim it works in.

And to answer the other question as to why don't they just create it for both then, Numerous reasons only known to them (they dont know the other program as well/or use it/ or just don't want to/?) My first items here where Poser only, even though I read on some places from studio users that it worked in studio as well and they wondered the same thing, why did I just mark them as Poser Only, Honestly, because that's what I created them in, that's what I knew they worked in and that was the only program I could provide support for (because I did not use Studio or create them in studio or knew anything about studio at the time.)

Pretty sure most of the cases are they just dont know the other program as well and will just stick to what they know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------