Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is Poser's most UNDERUSED Feature?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 20, 2020 ยท 53 posts

perpetualrevision posted Sun, 21 June 2020 at 3:56 AM

I'll add the 44th "me too" about the Face Room. I think I opened it once by accident, but since it never supported the figures I use, I've had no use for it.

I don't use Wind Force often, but when I have used it I found it to be surprisingly simple and easy as a way to get wind "billows" in dynamic and hybrid clothing. I wish it would work on conforming hair!

I've used Magnets to create shaping morphs, and once I understood how they work, I found them not too hard to use (though likely frustrating and clunky for someone who knows how to sculpt). But it was Esha's Grassy Grounds prop set that opened my eyes to the possibilities of using magnets to shape terrains along with fields of grass or flowers. You just add the flat grass or flower fields to the same magnet that's shaping the ground and everything follows along, like the grass and flowers just grew right of the hilly ground!

I've never the Wave deformer, but only b/c I never had a need to distort a figure's arm the way they show in the manual and I don't really know what else it can do! I also don't use Walk Designer or Talk Designer because I don't do animations.

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles