Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bondware NEEDS to fix this!

cujoe_da_man opened this issue on Jun 21, 2020 ยท 63 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 10:56 AM

Ladonna posted at 8:28AM Mon, 22 June 2020 - #4392685

Even when I ignore the whole rant from the user above, in one point he is right. Poser need a new lightning system. This actual one is outdated.

This is all bound to the render engine... and Poser, just like DS and most other hobbyist-level CG apps, have the render engine baked right into the application, which in turn means everyone just uses what's there. This has always been a bit of a bugaboo with me. I know DS can do it, and Poser used to do it (and likely still does), so here's your solution, folks:

If you don't like the lighting system, go get a better render engine that has a bridge/rig/plugin that plays nice with Poser.

I must warn you though - stepping into this world means you're taking on greater responsibilities, because the 'Make Art' button will disappear awful fast when you do this. However, doing it this way has the neat advantage of getting new and awesome features and performance updates as your fave render engine updates with new features and bennies. You also get the advantage of a faster pipeline, since the external render engine is doing all the work, which frees the UI for setting up your next scene. I did this for years with DS' 3Delight engine (by using the external free 3DL engine), and it's better than sliced bread...