Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: HDR and Poser Pro 11

arrow1 opened this issue on Feb 24, 2018 ยท 90 posts

RAMWorks posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 4:20 PM

ironsoul posted at 2:04PM Mon, 22 June 2020 - #4325053

Not saying this is for everyone as not very scientific but I use the set-up below for Superfly. Hide construct, add BB's envsphere. Download image from HDRI Haven - eg Waterbuck trail. Set-up nodes below and add HDR image into EnvironmentTexture node. Set emission strength to 1 and Bright/Contrast levels to zero (both nodes). Turn off all lights and try test render. If too dark then increase Emission to get approx levels ( normally in range 1- 5) and then use the Bright/Contrast to set contrast (normally in range 0 - 0.5 range). There is a seperate channel for lighting and background image and then basically operate in chimp mode until happy. I suggest trying out several hdr images to see which works best with the materials/atmosphere you want to create. From a post at RDNA but I forgot who it came from so apologies for no credit.

image.png

IS there a way to set up this for a preview so I can see what's going on or is there another path I should investigate? Finding that same issue, the HDRI map is pretty blurry. Blurry HDRI Map.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE