Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bondware NEEDS to fix this!

cujoe_da_man opened this issue on Jun 21, 2020 · 63 posts

TheAnimaGemini posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 11:10 AM

EClark1894 posted at 6:02PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392840

To be honest, lighting is a process, even in the real world. Look at a photographer's studio, he (or she) has screens, gels, back lights, bounces, key lights, fill lights, etc. The problem with most people who complain about things they don't understand is that they just want them to work, out of the box, perfectly, each and every time. Now, here's a little secret, by it's very nature, that's NOT art. In fact, if you did manage to eliminate the uncertainty factor then you eliminated the art itself.

Light is never easy to recreate in 3D. In no one 3D application/ Render engine. I watched countless tutorials over the last years , do lightning studies with photography's. It is not an easy task. But here it comes. In my POV , Poser is missing really some today "must haves". Real world as example . Not this strange background where you can plug your HDRI. It is not easy to handle and in my POV not accurate. The construct I even don't want to talk about. Hate it with a passion. Photometric lights, so you can have IES Lightprofiles. I think Poser would benefit a lot from this new features.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,