Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just bought Poser Debut. Flash won´t let me use libraries...

Chrope opened this issue on Aug 07, 2020 ยท 32 posts

HMorton posted Fri, 07 August 2020 at 10:06 PM

randym77 posted at 10:02PM Fri, 07 August 2020 - #4396295

The problem is Apple flat-out blocks Flash, at least the older versions that work with Poser. I don't think there's any way around it.

I think buying Poser Debut was a mistake. You should upgrade, not downgrade. Buy the new version, not an obsolete version. Especially since you have a Mac, which isn't as open to tinkering.

You can try the newest version of Poser for free:

https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

There's a 21 day free trial period, and if you like it, you can get upgrade pricing, since you own older versions of Poser.

Alternately, you could try DAZ Studio, which is free, and has a reputation for being user friendly.

Windows blocks it too. Like I said above, Flash is completely done. All software vendors have been moving away from it since 2017, and now in 2020 it's been phased out of Safari browser, and Chrome has it disabled by default. Adobe wanted people to uninstall it a couple years ago, and most AntiVirus software, including windows defender, will block it automatically.

So, like I said, one option is to just use an old computer with an old OS that is not connected online, and use it for your old software that still uses flash. Or try to return Poser Debut (they shouldn't even be selling that anymore since it will not run on modern OS).