Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Shine map- a test with Vicki in Deep paint- WARNING NUDE!!!!

Catharina Przezak opened this issue on Oct 22, 2001 ยท 23 posts

AgentSmith posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 6:05 PM

Poser's current reflection map ability is something that needs SERIOUS help. It really seems only good for trying to fake a generic shine for metal, etc. Poser's overwhelming strength lies in it's ability to manipulate figures, NO other 3D application does it as well, or extensively. BUT...Poser cannot render as well as those other programs, part of that is beacause we cannot correctly apply Reflection maps. If Curious Labs were to make the Reflection Map (also known as Specularity) attributes work like the other Poser maps's (Texture, Bump) we could render MUCH better skin. I would love to see Poser compete with much more expensive 3D programs by; 1.(At least)Fixing the Reflection Map, so one could correctly apply it to a model in the same way a Texture or Bump Map is applied. (with accuracy) 2.Giving the Transparency Map a slider value, such as the Bump Map has. 3.And, if they REALLY want to go further...Give Poser the ability to apply Diffuse Maps to a model. This is a much more subtle map, but can make a big difference in skin textures. This would make Poser 5 an even stronger contender with way more expensive programs. And, a better companion to your Deep Paint 3D... Agent Smith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"