Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Trying to catch up (general questions on Genesis 3, superfly n stuff)

Phuzzie opened this issue on Sep 01, 2020 ยท 11 posts

HartyBart posted Wed, 02 September 2020 at 1:54 AM

Hi Phuz,

1. "SuperFly has/needs newer materials"

Yes, and enough time has passed since the release of Poser 11 that there are now plenty of good packs out there, several for free, for the more complex types (e.g. beer in a glass).

1. "Is there a converter?"

From Firefly to SuperFly materials? Nothing one-click automatic, that I can recall, though I do very little SuperFly. Most things do fine, I recall. The free EZSkin was quickly produced, which uses the original to create a new skin that works in SuperFly and it only takes about ten seconds to set up.

1. "What do I gain using SuperFly?"

Sometimes, not a lot. You're right, Firefly is pretty good (in the right lighting). I noticed in the changelogs that SuperFly can now do Volumetrics, as it was added in a recent Poser 11 version (can't recall which) but it's not great. Probably works best in SuperFly if you PC has twin $800 graphics card powered by magic elves.

If you want big atmospheres, remember that Vue can still import and render a Poser scene fine, which if you have an old Vue to install may be worth a try. Ideally you want Vue 2016 R5 though, for the new major boosts to speed and stability.

1. "the last DAZ character you can get into Poser is Genesis 3?"

It's trivial to get 1-2 in via the free DSON plugin, G3 is more hassle but the workflow is well-known. Some have a workflow for G8 as well but I've not looked into that. DSON may stop working with the forthcoming Poser 12, due to a Python upgrade. You can always get a clothed figure into Poser via a posed OBJ, of course.

1. Who is Le Femme?

The base female figure that ships with Poser 11, and she now has a male mate (I forget his name). Equivalent of DAZ's G8F in terms of joint-bending and flexibility and many other points.

1. "RDNA is toast?"

Yes, they sold to DAZ and most of their items are now in the DAZ Store at under $6, often going to $3. Some occasional pop up elsewhere, too. For instance Baby Zomb is now for sale on ShareCG. Also gone is Smith Micros's Content Paradise and the Vue Cornucopia store. But Poser World has returned.

1. "ShaderWorks"

He open-sourced the GlowWorm multipass suite (search "pw-glowworm-source"), but it no longer works with anything above its required version of Poser (Poser 7 was the last it was updated for). On scripts, a Google search for "Python scripts for Poser 11" will get you to a succinct one-page primer on what works in Poser 11.

Hope this helps.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.