Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can I reload Poser Pro 2014. Has anyone done that recently??

consumer573 opened this issue on Sep 01, 2020 ยท 16 posts

consumer573 posted Wed, 02 September 2020 at 1:06 PM

Wandw and others (1) Thanks for all the content links! I copied them to a spreadsheet for now. I haven't checket them yet but they look invaluable!

Thank you so much for the help and advice!

Looks like my Game Developer really is a gonner, but at least I have something to fall back on.

Yes, I copied my disk to test and realized that you can find your Poser Software's serial number under "Help/Personalize" in the poser pull downs. By entering my PPro2014 serial number Game Developer reverts back down and doesn't seem to give me the "Need to activate in 2 Days" message (as of today).

Since I paid for both Game Developer ($79?) AND Poser 11 ($189?) I'm going to see if I can load Poser 11 on my machine without messing up the Poser 2014 settings. If I can go at least a year without having to brace my standalone to go directly to rendo (I run without security and the speeds up the machine considerably - but it is not aloows to the web) maybe I'll use it as long as it doesn't cost me anything more than I've already invested.

Rhia, going to Poser 11 doesn't help the problem of the software cutting out. I wouldn't buy a coffee maker or a dishwasher if it had a cut off and I had to apply for permission to keep using it. With all the money that models cost - model purchases make it different from other types of software because of the separate and significant consumer investments therein (and the work the artists put into creating them) - it seems vaguely unethical to have a software that you can't just load on your machine that will continue to work as long as you have that machine. The death of Game developer, and all the tsuris it generated multiple times over its short life, has cemented my opinion NEVER to buy from a vendor that has this policy. Sorry Rendo. It's not the money. I won't support you as long as you do this.

Regarding D3D, I couldn't use his V4 tanning and coloring scripts on 64 bit and had to load 32 bit. This wasn't a mistake on my part as I corresponded with him and he asked whether I was using 64 bit. He told me to load 32 bit and after that I had no problem. That said, he may of later updated these scripts.