Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is there a way to make a slider for an expression?

RAMWorks opened this issue on May 20, 2020 ยท 63 posts

EldritchCellar posted Wed, 09 September 2020 at 12:46 PM

Example. How to create a master controller for LF expression chips with dependency editor.

Load figure.

Disable any active IK. Zero Figure

Select figure's head.

Click white triangle at top right corner of parameters; Create new Master Parameter.

Dependency editor will open. You want to be in the Keyed Dependencies tab.

Click Start Teaching. Set dial next to start teaching to 1.

Select right lip control chip and set lower-raise dial to 0.200

Select left lip control chip and set lower-raise dial to 0.200

Go to master dial next to start teaching and set that dial to 0

Select right lip control chip and set lower-raise dial to 0

Select left lip control chip and set lower-raise dial to 0

Click stop teaching.

Zero figure

Go to figure's head and find your new master controller in the Other parameter group. Test. You'll see that the master controls those 2 control chips at the corner of LF's mouth now. Setting this dial to 1 will raise both her left and right control chips by a value of 0.200.

Clicking settings (little triangle to right of relevant dial) will let you create limits on the dial. For this controller I want a value of 0 as my minimum and a value of 1 as maximum. This isn't a morph per se so dialing values past 1 will have no meaningful effect. The translations were only taught to a specific value in the dependencies. We want the value 1 in the master to reflect the value limits (0.2) of what we taught. Not setting limits will result in a free spinning master dial that will dial values past what we set to no meaningful effect for the dependencies. Be sure to check Force Limits after setting up your preferred values.

Also you can adjust dial sensitivity in the settings of the dial. Setting the value to 1 here will make the dial an absolute ON OFF dial. Setting the value to 0.0200 will be an average fast dial. Setting the value to 0.004 will be a sluggish dial.

If redistribution is a thing I would bake down my control chip expressions to morphs. File: Export: Wavefront Object: Head. All options unchecked. Apply export as morph target. There's your expression baked down to a morph. Up to you if you want to copy centers to. For expressions I wouldn't bother.

Control chip derived expressions won't save to the Faces library. They need to be saved as a select subset Pose....

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG