Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: An Absolute Beginner, Trying To Understand Runtimes

TheBlueSkyRanger opened this issue on Sep 10, 2020 ยท 17 posts

hborre posted Thu, 10 September 2020 at 11:38 PM

So, you are saying that merging folders does not happen on your system. That is rather unfortunate but I believe there may be software to help you with that. Can't advise, I'm a PC man. There is nothing preventing you from keeping content in their own separate folders under these particular circumstances. However, you will quickly generate a multitude of runtime folders, and keeping track of them will be a logistical nightmare. I have 84 runtime folders in my Library, categorized under different topics and content types. A management gambit that can become tedious if I'm doing a large scene. But, in your case, textures for a particular figure, prop, or hair might be in a separate runtime when it would make sense that they coexist with their corresponding content. My suggest, open your compressed files, study the hierarchy of each folder within, and manually move them to each corresponding folder in your library runtime folder of your choosing. Do it slowly and carefully so that when you open Poser, your content will be clearly visible in the Library. Do this until you can figure out the merging problem.