Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Adding content to Poser 11

JediSpectre117 opened this issue on Dec 24, 2018 ยท 40 posts

BabaBozo posted Fri, 11 September 2020 at 7:56 AM

You write, "Install From Zip File is your friend from the File menu, and you can choose which of your runtimes you install. It is really that simple."

Apologies, but no, it's not really that simple.

What is a runtime? Which runtime should the user choose? Why should they choose that runtime? Where is that runtime? Etc etc.

The problem here is a very common one. The more someone knows about something, the less qualified they are to understand the newbie experience. As example, to you "runtime" is beyond obvious. To me, after reading that word 47 times, I still don't get what it is, where it is, why it is etc.

I'm just an example. I don't matter, as I'm just one person. What matters is the larger picture. Prospects should not have to understand "runtime" in order to buy from Rendo. We all have a stake in Rendo succeeding, and the simpler the ordering process is, the more likely they are to succeed.

Failing that, what could happen is that Poser gets sold yet again, and then who knows what happens. I would gently remind users that our use of Poser depends entirely on there being a reliable company running the "call home" license checker server.