Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Adding content to Poser 11

JediSpectre117 opened this issue on Dec 24, 2018 ยท 40 posts

randym77 posted Fri, 11 September 2020 at 8:09 AM

BabaBozo posted at 7:58AM Fri, 11 September 2020 - #4399208

What is a runtime? Which runtime should the user choose? Why should they choose that runtime? Where is that runtime? Etc etc.

If you're going to use Poser, there is going to be a learning curve. Probably more of one than DAZ Studio.

Poser comes with three runtimes (which are basically "folders" in your libary). There's Poser 11 Content, which contains all the content that comes with Poser. There's Downloads, which was meant for other stuff you might buy or download for free. And now there's Purchases, where Poser automatically installs Renderosity purchases, if you choose to use Poser's download manager.

You do not need to use more than one runtime, but many of us choose to use more than one. I have about 50. You can attach and detach the runtimes you create, which, for me at least, makes it easier to find things. How you organize your runtime(s) is personal, and everyone does it differently. I have runtimes devoted to different figures (Vicky 1/2, Vicky 3, Vicky 4, La Femme, etc), different themes (SF, fantasy, horror, contemporary, holidays, toon, sports, nature, political, etc.). I also have a "Hair" runtime (because hair is easily used with any figure) and a "Lights and Materials" runtime (because those can be used for scene). I have runtimes devoted to baseball and to Star Trek, because I do a lot of renders on those subjects.

Taking away the ability to use multiple runtimes would severely cripple Poser for me.