Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

SuperCDR posted Wed, 23 September 2020 at 10:49 PM

As a humble animator I'd like to request for a simple feature:

Pre-rendered animation previews.

Exactly the same idea that the awesome Raytrace preview window but for animation. In the current state, if you press play in the animation control bar, poser does a horrible work in trying to show you the animation in full preview window size. It either skips a gazilion frames or it shows one frame every 2 seconds. I understand that this depends a lot on the power of the PC you're using, but there are a lot of programs (like after effects) that have solved this by pre-rendering into an image buffer, and showing you the animation as soon as the buffer is filled, with the correct frame rate. As an animator, having precise control over the frame rate is simply essential to evaluate the realism (or toon-ism) of what Im doing. Nowadays I make an mp4 with the preview render and use that to study the movements and improve them. The problem with this, is that involves a million unnecessary clicks, like making a file name for something that I will delete a second later and playing the file in another video player program. The thing is, I dont even need the full preview window size to get a feel of the animation movement. Just a tiny square window like the raytrace preview one, with a "number of frames" and a "framerate" control on it would do. Press play and it pre-renders (standard preview, no need for raytrace) that many frames of the current camera view into the buffer, and then plays them in loop. It would work on every system, no matter the hardware, and it'd be a huuuuge advantage for animators.

Well, just my two cents. What do you guys think about the idea?