Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: An Absolute Beginner, Trying To Understand Runtimes

TheBlueSkyRanger opened this issue on Sep 10, 2020 ยท 17 posts

TheBlueSkyRanger posted Sun, 27 September 2020 at 12:46 PM

Nails60 posted at 12:43PM Sun, 27 September 2020 - #4399197

I would suggest the best way to organise the content in the way you want is to create new runtimes and add these to poser. Somewhere on your drive that poser can write to create a folder named whatever you want ( a descriptive name of the sort of stuff you are going to put in this runtime) and in this folder create a folder called runtime. Now in poser you add this runtime to your content by clicking on the symbol of upright books with the plus near the top right of your library window. This opens a window that allows you to navigate to the folder you have created, select this and poser will add a runtime to your library.

So, let's say that I am creating a fan animation, Star Trek Meets The Orville (I'm not doing this, and besides, I'd be surprised if there weren't already people working on something like this). So I could create a folder, say, on the desktop called STvTO. Inside this folder, I create another called "runtime" (case sensitive, I'm assuming). And into this folder I drag and drop all the asset files I get, putting each of the geometries into a "geometries" folder and so on. Or I could simply rename each asset folder as long as there is a runtime folder in the top level inside that folder and I'm willing to take the risk of things getting unweildly and confusing to handle. Am I right so far?