Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

unrealblue posted Mon, 05 October 2020 at 4:49 AM

I'm really hoping for tool for content creators. It's really not a simple thing to make content for La Femme. The sheer number of JCMs is brutal. And a lot of the tools don't help much. Also, the fact that a bunch of stuff is not directly scriptable. I end up with a hodge-podge of scripts to help. Seriously, the shoulder and hip joints are just brutal. I've stopped making stuff just from frustration of those joints. Tri-ax is maddening. You get one axis done, then do another and realize that it's ef'd up the first one.

What would be sweet is to position the body a few times (key frames), morph the item at each keyframe, then have code that distributes the keyed vertex vectors into reasonable joint and defined set of JCMs on its own. For instance, thigh bend with tights (the hardest). Position the item, add the rig, bend to half max. Morph the cloth. bend to max. morph the cloth. Let code figure out the distribution of WMs across the joint and JCMs to fit those morph keys. If it needs tuning, add a couple of more keys= and rerun the code. A bunch of curve fits, no?

I find the rigging on la femme's face difficult for a similar reason. Poser (the UI) just doesn't help with it. It's easier to use Blender's latest sculpting, then some scripts to move stuff back into Poser, and some other scripts to move around all those face controls. Of course, Poser can't import HD morphs. Uhg.

Of course, good cloth dynamics would obviate the need. For me, the cloth having no elasticity (no rebound) kills.

I'm sure there's more ideas on what to do than there are days in a year.

I've often thought that some aspects of Poser's GUI over top of Blender. Imagine, it looks like Poser (mostly) and works like Poser (mostly), but it's Blender. Like a BforA. kind of thing. :D